When it comes to choosing accommodation in Marrakech there is no shortage of large international hotels for package tourist and business customers and there is no lack, either, of riads of all kinds, the vast majority of them unregulated and run by non-professionals.
However, Les Borjs de la Kasbah, with its eighteen rooms, is one of a small number of boutique hotels in Marrakech to offer an intimate and exclusive atmosphere in addition to a full range of services of the highest standard.
Opened in 2006 after a three year building and restoration project, this friendly, luxury hotel is a haven of peace and tranquillity amid the hustle and bustle for which Marrakech is so famous. Here are some reasons for staying with us:
1) Location: just yards from the Royal Palace, Les Borjs de la Kasbah stands in the heart of the fortified Kasbah, in the most southerly part of the old city, an entertaining walk from the central Jemaa el Fna square but far enough away from its hurly burly atmosphere to be delightfully peaceful by comparison.
2) The Pool: a secluded leisure area houses the 5m x 10m heated pool with its sun terrace and poolside bar. After a day busy shopping and sightseeing in Marrakech you can unwind in this remarkable haven of tranquillity sipping a mint tea or iced drink – you can take a light lunch here too.
3) The Restaurant: modern French cuisine and traditional Moroccan dishes can be enjoyed at the hotel’s much-praised Le Jasmin restaurant. Two à la carte menus are available, including such gastronomic delights as ‘Medallions of Beef with cabbage pastilla, vegetables and foie gras jus’ and ‘Tagine kefta (minced lamb meatballs) with quails’ eggs’. You may even enjoy the food so much that you’ll be tempted to enrol on one of the hotel’s cookery courses
4) The Spa : our spa, L’Arganier, includes an impressive marble-clad, domed hammam and separate sauna as well as two treatment rooms and a rest area. It is here that you can completely relax and recover from the stresses of modern living. After a steam bath and invigorating scrub down a gentle massage is the perfect way to relieve muscular tension in the back, neck and shoulders administered by a trained therapist. A foot massage after a shopping expedition is pure bliss!
5) Special Offers : les Borjs de la Kasbah regularly promotes special offers. For instance, from now up until 3rd September 2011 you can stay four nights and pay for only three, saving 25%, or book seven nights and pay for only five, saving even more. This offer also applies to those on half board who may dine from the daily table d’hote menu for free on the fourth night.