Well into the Moroccan springtime, April sees around 10 hours of daily sunshine, very little rain (barely 30 mm throughout the entire month, most of it falling over just a few days) and average temperatures hovering around 18˚ C (lows of 12˚ C and highs of 24˚ C). At this time of year the tourist season is in full swing, as reflected by the number of festivals and other events.
Grand Prix Hassan II, 04/04/2016 – 10/04/2016
One of the main April events is the Grand Prix Hassan II tennis tournament. Held in nearby Casablanca, this clay court ATP World Tour competition, the 32nd, will once again see the attendance of some of the world’s top professionals.
Marathon des Sables, 08.04.2016 – 18/04/2016
April is also the month of the world renowned ‘Marathon des Sables’, the ‘Sand Marathon’ which attracts hundreds of runners each year to a unique challenge over 150 miles of desert terrain in 6 gruelling stages:
- IRHS to Khermou, 18.02 miles/29 km
- Khermou to Jebel El Otfal, 22.06 miles/35.5 km
- Jebel El Otfal to Taourirt Mouchanne, 24.85 miles/40 km
- Taourirt Mouchanne to Oued El Jdaid, 51.08 miles/82.2 km
- Oued El Jdaid to Erg Znaigui, 26.22 miles/42.2 km
- Erg Znaigui to Merzouga, 13.11 miles/21.1 km
Alwan’Art, 15/04/2016 – 19/04/2016