March is one of the most popular times of the year in Marrakech and it’s not surprising. With average daily sunshine of 8 hours, temperatures between 11 and 23 degrees and much less rainfall than is normal in northern Europe, Spring is very much in the air, indeed, towards the end of the month it feels more like Summer!
Warm enough for sunbathing but not too hot for sightseeing March is an ideal time of year to visit Marrakech.
Events and Things to do in Marrakech in March 2017
March in Marrakech sees a number of festivals and other events.
- Atlas Elite Marrakech Ladies and Gentlemen Golf Tournament from the 4th to the 6th of March 2017
- International Festival (12th Edition) of Contemporary Dance from the 7th to the 12th of March 2017
- Rally Morocco Classic (24th Edition; the Heart Route) from the 11th to the 18th of March 2017
- Transmarocaine (12th Edition) Raid Multisports Marrakech, a multi-sport orienteering race, from the 17th to the 24th of March 2017 and the
- International Nomad Festival. Held at M’hamid El Ghizlane in the Draa Valley, some 90 km south of Zagora (a day’s drive from Marrakech, over the Atlas and to the edge of the Sahara), this is a colourful 3 day festival celebrating desert and nomadic culture, although the precise March dates are unknown at time of writing.
Marrakech will also be hosting events for business visitors in March, including the Business Process Management and Enterprise Architecture Conference at the Cadi Ayad University on the March 3rd and the International Water Storage & Hydropower Development for Africa Conference from the 14th – 16th March 2017 held at the Palais des Congrès.
Other Things to do in Marrakech in March
Marrakech boasts a host of outstanding galleries and museums including, for example, the Museum of Marrakech, Dar Si Said Museum of Moroccan Arts, the Maison Tiskiwin traditional craft museum and the Maison de la Photographie.